Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Death was coming.

Welp, vacation didn't really start out as planned.
My grandpa died shortly free we arrived.
Hospice called my aunt on Friday and my mom and here siblings gathered there with their kids.
Will and I left work at noon. 
Arriving at 1:30 am eastern time.
Slept.
Papa died at 5:50am, we had intended on seeing him that morning.

Is it terrible that I'm relieved I didn't have to see him struggle and suffer?
I prayed it would be over? My memories of him are good, not of his final days? Am I a terrible person? I don't know what to do when my mother sobs uncontrollably. 

At least it's over.
He isn't in anymore pain,
And while his 3 kids, 11 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren, and many grand puppies and kitties (to which he included in the head count) are grieving... His pain is over. He joined his wife after 20+ years.

I love you Papa, I'm so blessed by the amazing man you were in all our lives.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for your family during this difficult time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss, but i'm sure you're pretty sane for not wanting him to suffer anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss.. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sorry to hear this. Prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love our faces in the Christmas picture haha were such goobers. Miss him very dearly. And no you are not a bad person for feeling relieved. It was his time and he was sooo ready. Love you

    ReplyDelete